Monday, June 11, 2012

Mistake

I have two more repeats on my Color Affection Shawl.

I goofed on the three color section. - Should have knit the wrap and turn and knit 3 more stitches after that. Oh no, not me - I counted the wrap and turn when I counted my three stitches. I should have read the pattern more carefully.

A friend of mine from knit group made the same mistake and told me about it while she was knitting this shawl. But I didn't notice it was wrong until I was almost complete with the 7 repeats stated in the pattern and I was not at the other end of the shawl yet.

I am going to try to get 3 more repeats out of the yarn (currently very low on the gray). I increased the stitches knit after the wrap and turn to 5 on the 8th repeat and 6 on repeat 9 & 10. Should turn out just fine as long as my yarn lasts.

I am trying to knit 1 repeat per day. If I am successful I will finish the shawl on Thursday but that is an awful lot of knitting, even for me.

2 comments:

  1. Ha! That was me. Just be aware that the 3-color section does NOT go all the way across the shawl. That's what I thought at first, but found out otherwise after my re-do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man. The corrections I made go all the way across. Oh well, I guess I really am done with all the color work and now I am going to move onto the green border. Yay!

    ReplyDelete