Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Talking to strangers

I was at Hobby Lobby at lunch the other day buying a skein of wool yarn. As I was waiting in line to check out I noticed that the woman in front of me was buying two skeins of red heart in white.

I thought about talking to her and then not talking to her and finally I asked her if she knit or crochet. We talked a few minutes and I told her about our knitting group and she told me about the blanket she is crocheting. I handed her one of my cards and invited her to knit night on Thursday.

We call it knit night but it doesn't really mean anything. We come with our knitting, crochet, spinning, etc. it is a wonderful community of women who enjoy similar things, support each other and have become good friends.

1 comment:

  1. I thought I posted a comment yesterday, but guess it didn't go through. What a great group of women (and girls)! Thanks for all you do to keep us together. Looking forward to the party next weekend.
    Katy

    ReplyDelete