Monday, April 16, 2012

Crawfish, Zoo, and a Long Drive

This weekend we went to Lafayette LA for a company crawfish boil. It is a four hour drive and we had all six members of our family and my daughter’s boyfriend with us – it was a car FULL. We had a lot of fun, but traveling with a little one is A LOT of work. Elle does not like to sleep in the car seat so it was mommy entertaining baby Elle the whole way. The animals at the small zoo in Lafayette were easy to see which was nice. The giraffe bent down so far you could almost touch him. I also really liked the camels.


 
We got home Sunday morning around 9:30 and napped, watched TV, chilled out most of the day. I didn’t get any much knitting done on the trip but I was able to finish another monster once we got home. This monster is made from BFL that I spun at the spin in last week and then dyed with grape Kool Aid. He is pretty small but I was not going to have enough yarn for the larger version.


I am going to try to finish my summer sweater but with row after row of stockinette, I might have to cast on another cute little monster. We will see. I also have a baby blanket I should finish and a sock.

2 comments:

  1. Your monster is adorable! Er...I mean scary! ha ha
    One time my cousin and I were at the zoo. She liked the llamas and camels. She was feeding a llama and all of a sudden it sneezed! She had grass and stick and stuff all over her face!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, but I bet it was really neat to see the llama up close. Thank goodness people are washable. LOL. I wish I could have gotten closer to the camels, they were really cool. All I kept thinking while watching the giraffe was how big his eyeballs were. Weird, I know....

    ReplyDelete