Monday, April 30, 2012

Spinning

I have practiced with a drop spindle and really enjoyed it. It takes more energy than knitting though, in my opinion.

I bought a Babe's Fiber Garden double treadle production spinning wheel about two years ago. Then I got pregnant. I was exahausted, sick, etc. I didn't even knit, let alone spin. Elle is 9 months old now, and I am just now getting to feel like my old self again.

I ordered a Schacht "Ladybug" spinning wheel about 3 weeks ago. It came in today. Stephanie at the WC Mercantile in Navasota, TX called me about 3:00 pm to let me know my wheel had arrived. She met me tonight-just so I could come and pick up my wheel (very sweet). I love WC Mercantile! And I now have a favorite store for fiber.

We went and picked it up (1 hour away-with Elle and Izzi-who were very good). When we got home Mike helped me put it together. As I write this post, I am practicing treadling my new wheel and having a glass of wine too.

So now that I have received my new wheel and dyed fiber this weekend, I am all set to make some yarn (hopefully, it will be beautiful).

Have a great day and try something new today...just for the fun of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment