Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Smooth as Silk

After small group left (around 9:30), I decided to get some fiber and REALLY try my spinning wheel out. Oh my! Heavens! This spins wonderfully easy.

In the book "The Intentional Spinner" it says that at your default spinning style, you should be able to change the settings on your wheel to spin any type of yarn, thick or thin, just by changing your settings. I didn't understand that before...now I do.

Don't get me wrong. I am still learning about spinning and my new wheel, but I can see amazing possibilites.

This is what I spun in less than an hour and I was completely relaxed and having a good time while I was at it.

This is 3 oz. hand dyed mixed BFL Wool - A Spinner's Delight! from WC Mercantile. This is the fiber I won at the spin in a couple of weeks ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment