Wednesday, May 16, 2012

New project

My most recent project is Color Affection by Veera Valimaki. I am starting with a dark gray, will transition to dark gray and pink, and then dark gray, pink, and green. I purchased my yarn from www.KnitPicks.com they have wonderful yarn, needles, and accessories. I am never worried about what I will get when I order from them. I have never been disappointed.

I was having trouble with the “make 1 left” and “make 1 right” stitches located at either end of the row. I put a little cheat sheet at the top of my pattern and now am not having any trouble getting it correct. I am also adding a yarn over between the first and second stitch on either end, and then dropping it when I come back to it, so that the edge will not be tight. (Thank you Ravelry comments!)

I am leaving for Florida this evening and this is the project that I am taking with me. Should be great beach knitting but I will have a sock along too, just in case.

I hope to visit a few yarn stores in Naples while I am there. I will have Elle with me but the other kids will be at home completing the last couple days of school. Mom doesn’t get a summer break, so I have to take mine when I can get it!

I’ll try to post a couple of pictures next week, but we’ll see. I’m on vacation after all!

No comments:

Post a Comment