Friday, May 25, 2012

Florida Vacation

Florida was beautiful. Our patio overlooked the ocean. In the morning we were able to drink our coffee on the patio while watching and listening to the ocean.

We stayed at the LaPlaya Resort in Naples. Everyone was so nice and helpful. I would recommend the hotel and staff wholeheartedly. There were 3 pools. We took Elle swimming in one of the pools and she loved the water. She also really loved the ocean once she got used to how large it was. She did not like the sand however. She wanted nothing to do with it.

I did get sick on our second day there, so Mike took care of Elle while I slept and got better. After that, it was smooth sailing. Every morning and every evening Mike, Elle, and I would cuddle in bed and play. It was my favorite part of the day. Elle’s too I think.

We visited two yarn stores while in Naples. Gabrielle’s Yarn Store and Knitting with Nancy. Saturday afternoon we went out in search of the stores. Both were located within miles of each other and very close to the hotel. We visited Gabrielle’s Yarn Store first. When we got there, a sign was on the door with summer hours of Monday and Tuesday only 10 – 4. I was surprised by that but decided I would have to come back then. So we went off in search of Knitting with Nancy.

Knitting with Nancy had a lot of yarn, magazines, books, bags, etc. I wasn’t able to get a sense for the organization in the store. Some people were inside knitting and chatting at a table. I looked around trying to get past the grandma’s basement smell. I found some Plymouth Yarn (Kudo) in a black, gray, white colorway. I bought 3 skeins for another Silk Moon Crescent Shawl. I also found Malabrigo Yarn (Rios) in Archangel colorway. I bought two skeins, one for myself and one for Laurie who stayed with the older kids while we were away. The last item I bought was a beautiful shawl pin. With all of the shawls I am knitting, I think I need a few more.

Tomorrow….Gabrielle’s Yarn Store.

No comments:

Post a Comment