Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Teaching to knit

Monday I brought my Silk Moon Crescent Shawl to work. It was still damp but I wanted to show it off.

Everyone loved it! A few people asked me if I would knit one for them. I gave them my standard line when someone asks that…I would love to TEACH you to knit. Then you can knit it for yourself.

One girl at work took me up on it. I keep yarn and needles in my car to teach anyone I come across. At lunch I went to my car and got some cotton yarn, a pair of needles, and taught her the knit stitch. Tuesday she came into work with almost all of the yarn used up (it was a leftover portion of a ball). So I taught her to bind off. She had increased her stitches by about double and wanted to try again. We got more yarn out of the car and I taught her the knit cast on. She figured out what she had been doing to increase all those stitches and her most recent washcloth looks great! I love it when people try it and like it!

That is what is happening with the Silk Moon Crescent Shawl Knitalong too. I know of three people who bought the pattern and decided to knit this with me and two more who are thinking about starting it. Everyone is enjoying this pattern. Two people are just knitting along so happily. They will finish their first project soon. What an accomplishment!

I will leave you with a few pictures of my Silk Moon Crescent Shawl. I took these Monday night.

No comments:

Post a Comment