Friday, May 25, 2012

Florida Vacation Cont.

On Monday, we went back to Gabriella’s Yarn Store. They didn’t seem to have as much yarn as Knitting with Nancy but had much higher priced yarns. I found a few things that I liked here as well. The store was very well lit, open, and airy. There were a bunch of people sitting, knitting, and chatting. Gabriella had a little white dog running around barking, which added a relaxed air about the place. I found some beautiful Hand Painted Knitting Yarns in an individual colorway that did not have a name but there were 400 yards of it. I also bought 1200 yards of Blue Heron Bamboo Lace in Curry colorway. Both of these yarns and the Archangel colorway from yesterday were very similar. I must have been in a mood for these certain romantic colors.

Michael had meeting to attend most mornings and Elle and I would sit, play, and relax. I didn’t venture far without Mike, just took advantage of some alone time with my youngest girl. In the afternoons we would go get some lunch, site see a little, come back to the hotel to take a nap, usually go out for dinner, and come back to watch a little TV, chat, and lie in bed and play with Elle. Nothing exciting but exactly what a vacation should be.

We got back from Florida late Wednesday night and had to rush around getting things ready for work and school the next day. I have been sorting laundry, school papers, etc. Making up chore lists for summer and getting organized again so that the transition to summer schedules goes smoothly. Thankfully there was a three day weekend to get all caught up.

Tomorrow…knitting on the needles.

No comments:

Post a Comment