Friday, May 25, 2012

Mindless knitting

I am working on two shawl projects right now. Both are garter stitch.

The first one is Color Affection by Veera Valimaki. I am knitting this in gray, pink, and green yarn from knit picks. This is a fun knit that requires a little bit of concentration at the beginning and end of each row from me due to the M1R and M1L stitches. I don’t have these memorized and have to refer to my cheat sheets.

The second project is another Silk Moon Crescent Shawl by Jaala Spiro. I am knitting this in Plymouth Yarn Kudo in a white, gray, black striping yarn. This pattern does not require very much attention at all except for the occasional increase row. I just have to make sure that I don’t pass this row up. (Which I have done at least once already.) Then I have to tink back, do the increase row, and go back to the mindless knitting.

My life must be really complicated right now for me to be enjoying so much garter stitch. Usually that’s how I can tell…if my life is crazy, my knitting is simple; if my life is simple, my knitting is complicated.

No comments:

Post a Comment