Monday, April 2, 2012

Weekend Yarn Shopping

I had a wonderful weekend. Laci and I went to two yarn stores and I found some wonderful yarn to make monster with (I hope). Elle (my 8 month old daughter) went with us and was as good as gold.
The first yarn store we went to was Sugar Land Yarn Co. It was a very sweet store and we liked it a lot. What it was lacking in yarn selection it more than made up for in atmosphere. It is a small store that seems to be just starting out. They have a sit and knit every Friday evening and there is plenty of room to sit and relax in big overstuffed chairs. If you have a baby, there is lots of room to sit them down and let them play at your feet. I got 5 skeins of Plymouth, Kudos yarn. It is 55% cotton, 40% rayon, 5% silk.


The other yarn store was Twisted Yarns in Spring. This is my go to yarn store. I have not found one with better selection or prices. The staff and owners are so friendly and helpful. I love this store. I got two skeins of Cascade 220 and a hand dyed skein from a small company.

I am still working on the monster for my co worker. I have everything complete except the feet and sewing up the bottom of his body. Right now I have him held together with stitch markers. I am testing to see if I have him stuffed enough.

This coming Saturday I am going to a spin in with Laci. I am very excited. I bought my wheel right before I found out I was pregnant with Elle. I was so sick that I didn’t even knit very much, let alone spin. Then, once she was born, I just have not had the time to spin. So my wheel has not gotten much use. I am looking forward to learning more and having time set aside just to spin. I’ll let you know how it goes next week.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Julia,
    Claire told me you are knit-blogging.
    Hope to see you on Thursday.
    Katy

    ReplyDelete