Thursday, April 12, 2012

Dyeing for Monsters

I have completed another monster. I am so happy with her! She is so cute! I do not have a name for her but she is sitting behind my chair on the window sill right now.



I dyed the yarn I spun last Saturday. I dyed it with Grape Kool Aid. I used 8 packs of Kool Aid for 8 oz of yarn (158 yards).



It is a nice varigated purple. I really like it.



I do not think I will have enough to make the entire monster I want out of the yarn so I am making the body first and will add the legs and arms later - probably out of a differnet yarn.

I got to go to knit night without Elle. It was so nice to be able to knit at knit night. We laughed and joked so much! It was very relaxing. We talked all about how we would like to open our own yarn store/bakery/gathering spot, we want to get together for outtings more often, and maybe try a little wine, snacks and a hot tub this summer one evening. Everyone seemed to really like the ideas floating around so I am going to put a few of them into practice.

I have not gotten my new wheel yet. I am waiting, but maybe not so patiently.

I am going to Lafayette, LA this weekend for a crawfish boil. My entire family is going along with my oldest daughters boyfriend. That makes 7 in one hotel room and one van the fits 7. I think we will have a lot of fun but also hope we don't get on each others nerves. That is pretty close quarters for us. The crawfish boil is being held by my company at a zoo in Lafayette.

Tomorrow is a half day for me. My babysitter (and best friend) April is going away for a weekend away from her children with her husband. So I am picking up Elle at noon. I am hoping for a nap really....We will see what Elle has in mind.

After church on Saturday evening I tortured my family by making them take a family photo. It is not often that I have everyone all dressed up at one time so I wanted to make the most of it.



Hope you all enjoy your weekend as well!
See you next week. Julia

1 comment:

  1. Your monster turned out really well! I've always been curious about dyeing with Kool-Aid. Maybe someday!

    ReplyDelete