Sunday, April 29, 2012

Dyeing for the weekend

This weekend we decided to dye some roving and yarn. Our friends Katy and Claire came over to join us. We used food coloring and kool-aid.

Claire and Isabella dyed one roving and decided to call it Sunset. It is beautiful!

I dyed two other rovings and some homespun yarn that I spun a few years ago. I think it turned out really well.

I took a picture of each of the roving while still wet (3 rovings together with the sheep). I took another picture of each roving once braided and dry.

I am using the dyed homespun to knit my other car panel. It will be a rainbow of color!

1 comment:

  1. This is so pretty! I love that you have a hobby that you are passionate about and make time for it. I look forward to getting back into my sewing projects when Gracie gets a little easier :) see you tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete